The VVGA was formed in 1982 and incorporated in 1991, today consists of 21 Districts from all parts of Victoria. Each District has their own autonomy and culture and is affiliated with the VVGA. Today there are almost 4,000 veteran members in Victoria and 30,000 in Australia.
Since the inception of the Victorian Veteran Golfers Association in 1982, veteran golfers have made a significant financial and cultural contribution to golf in Australia.
- Monthly fixtures are conducted by the 21 veteran districts at approximately250 golf clubs.
- Open VVGA Championships are conducted at 5 different locations annually. The Four Ball, Country, Sandscrape, Teams and State events make up the VVGA Majors.
- Interstate events are readily available.
- The VVGA, Melbourne and Dalhousie Districts are patrons and benefactors of the Victorian Golf Foundation.
- Development of Ladies golf participation and local trips at VVGA and Interstate events.
- Victorian veteran tournaments provide a financial boost to Golf Clubs and to the local economy when 200 people descend on the venue for at least 3 days accommodation golf and touring.
Joining the Veterans is easy all you need to be is 55 years of age and a member of a golf club affiliated with Golf Australia.
Simply contact your local District Secretary listed in the District Information section.