Veteran Golf Associations have been well accepted by the golfing fraternity as viable and well organised units providing the opportunity for senior golfers to enjoy competitive golf and enhance fellowship. Both Federal and State Governments have endorsed Veteran Associations for providing this facility for senior citizens and consider it a boost to their health and life style.
The Victorian Veteran Golfers Association (VVGA) was formed in 1983 to provide a central organisation for veterans’ golf in this state. There are now nearly 4,000 affiliated members playing in 21 District Associations throughout the state of Victoria. These 21 Districts are allocated into 7 Zones; North, South, East, West, Loddon, Bayside, and Metro. Each Zone has an elected Councillor and the Districts elect the President, Secretary, Treasurer and Captain. These elected officials make up the VVGA Council.
Since the inception of the Victorian Veteran Golfers Association in 1982, veteran golfers have made a significant financial and cultural contribution to golf in Australia.
- Monthly fixtures are conducted by the 21 veteran districts at approximately250 golf clubs.
- Open VVGA Championships are conducted at 5 different locations annually. The Four Ball, Country, Sandscrape, Teams and State events make up the VVGA Majors.
- Interstate events are readily available.
- The VVGA, Melbourne and Dalhousie Districts are patrons and benefactors of the Victorian Golf Foundation.
- Development of Ladies golf participation and local trips at VVGA and Interstate events.
- Victorian veteran tournaments provide a financial boost to Golf Clubs and to the local economy when 200 people descend on the venue for at least 3 days accommodation golf and touring.
Joining the Veterans is easy all you need to be is 55 years of age and a member of a golf club affiliated with Golf Australia.
Simply contact your local District Secretary listed in the District Information section.